Are you in a long-distance relationship? Did you always feel stuck to start a conversation, especially in text messaging? Well, if that happens to you, don’t feel ashamed about it. We all facing the same problem at some point in our life. That why in today’s article, we will share with you a bundle of long-distance relationship questions that you can use to help the conversation flowing.
In every relationship, it is very important for both of you to learn about each other. So that, asking the right meaningful questions is one of the best ways to make the most of your time apart. Asking the right questions also can help you both stay connected and catch a glimpse into each other’s everyday life.
According to the social psychologist expert, Arthur Aron, a professor of psychology at the State University of New York, who published his result in “The Experimental Generation of Interpersonal Closeness.”
He found that pairs who discussed ‘meaningful questions’ were much more likely to maintain a deep connection than those who were not. So, it quite fair for me to say that the quality of conversations can help you survive the distance and grow as a couple.
Long Distance Relationship Questions For Your Partner
In our previous post, we talked about common long-distance relationship problems. And one of the problems is to avoid spending too much time talking to your partner. The reason is quite simple, you need to have a meaningful conversation.
That said, you don’t need hours per day to have a meaningful conversation with your partner. As long as you know what kind of topic to talk about, your conversation will start flowing naturally.
Full article here: Common Long Distance Relationship Problems That You Need To Avoid
Without wasting any time, let’s go through the list of the questions first. But keep in mind, these questions are just for ideas only. Be flexible and play around with it. Maybe you can start with these first then jump off into other topics.
- What is the best gift you received from me?
- Which song that you think describes our relationship?
- How do you keep yourself active these days?
- If we had a chance to date, where did you want to meet?
- What shows are you watching lately? Any chance we can watch it together?
- Let’s be honest, how do feel about our first date?
- If there is no distance between us, what is the first thing you want to do together?
- What is the first country do you want to visit together next time?
- Have you ever had a dream about me or us?
- Describe me in 4 words in 20 seconds.
- In your opinion, what is a doable frequency of video call that we should make?
- What should we do on a virtual date?
- Have you developed a new hobby? What is it?
- What is one movie that you find worth-watching?
- Did you have any specific thing you want to do the next time we were together?
- What was your favorite fairy tale growing up?
- Can I ask one question, do you feel loved by me?
- What song or songs remind you of me?
- What kind of fun things do you want to do together the next time we meet?
- Is there a game you did like to play that we haven’t tried before?
- What can we do to draw us closer to each other?
- Do you remember where we first met?
- What is your favorite thing for me to wear?
- Any ideas on how to flame up the romance in our life?
- Are you interested in virtual dates? What kind of date that we should do?
- What is the goofiest knock-knock joke you know?
- How can we keep our relationship exciting, any other stuff we can do together with other than talking?
- What is the weirdest dream you’ve ever had?
- What is the strangest thing you ever did as a child?
- If you could meet one person today, living or dead, who would you choose to meet?
- What is your favorite part of our long-distance relationship?
- Did your family had their own tradition? If yes, what is it?
- What is the most interesting place you have ever seen?
- Which are you like the most, a seaside vacation or a hillside vacation?
- Do you want to go on an adventure trip or relaxation outings?
- What is the most exciting journey you ever had?
- Did you speak any other languages? How did you learn it?
- Who has been your friend for the longest?
- Did you always keep in touch with your school and college friends?
- Did you break any bones as a kid? What was the story?
- Who was your favorite high-school teacher? What makes him/her your favorite?
- What is one achievement you worked really hard for in your life?
- How did you handle the dentist’s office as a kid?
- What lesson are you most thankful your parents taught you as a kid?
- How does your family celebrate holidays?
- Do you have long-distance friends?
- What phone app do you use the most?
- Who’re friends of yours do you think I should get to know more?
- What is your favorite vacation memory?
- Where is one place you want to take me when we meet?
- What is the most embarrassing memory you have of yourself?
- What was the first thing you bought with your own money?
Learn about their belief, life philosophy, and personality traits
When you share something with your partner, a secret, a dream, or an aspiration, it will strengthen your love connection. This may seem obvious, but most of us failed to do so. We’re not asking our partners about their specific preferences.
Read Next: What to do when he pulls away and how to win him back
However, if we know what our partners like and dislike, we will be a better companion for them. Understanding their perspective will help us having a quality conversation and become a better partner to them.
- What is the biggest difference between you now compared to the past?
- What challenges are you facing right now?
- Who has been inspiring you recently?
- Who is someone that you always look up to?
- What is a suitable word to describe someone you look up to?
- What is the one thing about yourself that you want to overcome?
- If you could know more about one thing, what would it be?
- What is something you misunderstood as a child and only realized much later was wrong?
- If you only had a week left to live, what are the things you want to do?
- What is something you always wanted to do as a child but never got to do?
- If you could live in any era, which it would be and why?
- Do you think this distance has helped us grow individually?
- When you need your time alone, what is the best way for me to know about it?
- What things did you look forward the most in life?
- What is one thing you want to be remembered for?
- How do you make your decision? Is it based on logic or emotions?
- What is your passion in life?
- Would you rather be the best player on a horrible team or the worst player on the best team?
- What is one thing you want to change the most about yourself?
- Do you consider yourself materialistic?
- What is one superpower you would want the most?
- What is your personal opinion about astrology and horoscopes?
- If you had one chance to go back in time, what would you change or choose differently?
- What would you say is your worst trait?
- What is something that scares you the most?
- Can you name one thing that you know is kind of ridiculous, but you still will argue over it to the death?
- Do you consider yourself a spender or a saver?
- Are you a mountain person or a beach person?
- What your personal view about tattoos? Would you like to get a tattoo?
- What is one thing you’ve done that you are most proud of?
- If you had a chance, what is one skill you’d like to learn and improve?
- What task or activity makes you feel happy?
- How do you feel if you need to perform in front of the crowd?
- What type of surprises do you love and hate?
- Do you cry when you sad? When is the last time you cry?
- How did you deal with sadness and disappointment?
- What is your morning routine?
- Did you ever speak the truth but still got punished?
- Have you ever make a promise to someone and then forget about it?
- Did you ever lie to someone you loved?
- How have your friends influenced who you are now?
- How did you positively influence the life of your friends?
- What do you want your legacy to be?
- Have you ever been betrayed by your best friend?
- Do you believe that each of us has our own purpose in this universe?
- Do you have trouble trusting people?
- If you were to write a book, what genre would it be? And why?
- What are your financial goals?
- Do you keep a budget? Is it helpful to you?
- Where is your favorite coffee shop and why?
- What books have greatly impacted your thinking and belief?
- Do you care about how many unread emails you have?
- How similar are you compared to your parents’ personalities?
- What do you wish your parent did differently?
- Who do you think knows you better than you know yourself?
- Does hosting people make you excited or feeling stressed?
- What times of day do you have the most energy?
- Do you ever take a personality test? How accurate it is to you?
- Do you prefer buying things new or used?
- What political topics are you passionate about?
- What is your deepest regret?
- When do you personally find your sense of purpose?
- What type of advice would you give to your younger self?
- How do you decide who is worthy of your trust?
- If you’re a millionaire, what type of charities would you support?
- What do you think about hugging and kissing in public?
- What is your favorite way to spend time for yourself?
Questions about food choices and general preferences
This section will help you discover what you and your lover have in common. It could be a favorite food, opinion, habit, like, dislike, preferences, and more. Some of the questions will remind them of something they loved and they might share that experience with you.
- Are you a coffee or tea person?
- What did you eat the most for your breakfast?
- Which is your favorite fruit and why?
- If you want me to cook for you, what the first thing that flashes in your mind?
- What book are you reading now? Any suggestion for me?
- Please tell me more about your dream vacation
- What is one song or music that always improves your mood?
- What type of music that you love?
- Should we go food hunting the next time we travel?
- What is your all-time favorite childhood present?
- What was the coolest gift you ever received?
- Did you ever get in trouble in school or college?
- If a genie granted you three wishes, what would you wish for?
- What is the worst movie you have ever seen?
- What food do you wish you cook better than everyone else?
- Which sports team would you rename, and what would be that name?
- Which game show do you think you can definitely win?
- What is something that you thought you’d hate but actually ended up liking?
- Can you describe your ideal vacation?
- What type of advertisement is super irritating for you?
- Do you have a favorite flower or plant?
- What kind of pet that you love to have?
- What are your three favorite colors?
- Pizza or burger or ‘me,’ which one is your favorite?
- What type of beverages do you drink the most?
- Which household chores do you love the most?
- What is the most dominant color in your closet and why?
- Do you like spicy food?
- Any food that makes you particularly sick?
- Which vegetable do you dislike the most?
- Do you set the alarm or you can wake up without it?
- Do you tend to oversleep?
- How skilled are you at cooking?
- Did you mind if your partner can’t cook?
- Do you love reading the news?
- Did you ever cut your own hair?
- What chores did you love and hate?
- Is there anything you regret the most purchasing?
- What is the weirdest thing you’ve ordered on Amazon?
- Did you ever get lost in the big market?
- What is your biggest cooking failure?
- How skilled are you at keeping plants or animals alive?
- Did you pray for your family?
- Are small or large groups more life-giving to you?
- What comforting you when you are sick?
- Who always makes you laugh?
- What is your role between your siblings?
- Do you enjoy making new friends?
- What are five simple things that bring you joy?
- What did you do when you are sad?
- How do you usually hear about the latest news?
- Do you enjoy spending time with kids and the elderly?
- What things are you tired of hearing about?
What you should ask about their work and career
Some of these questions might be sensitive, but it is also will help you both to plan your future together. Asking about career and work is all about your plan ahead. You want to know how your life together would look like.
Read Next: What to text a guy to make him want you
Having a better understanding of each other career and future plans will help you get a clear idea of what to expect down the road. As an example, maybe your partner’s dream company is near to your place or vice versa. This information will help you progressively plan your career and your relationship together.
- How confident do you feel in your choice of career?
- What do you think about business? Do you intend to start your own business?
- Do you have a backup career option?
- What was your dream job when you were a kid?
- How did you decide to pursue your career?
- Did your current career is the same as the one that you always dream of?
- Do you think you had the best job in the world?
- Did your career is something worth fighting for?
- Will you choose love over your career?
- If you feel stress with your job, what will you do to reduce the stress?
- What do you hope to achieve by your age of 50?
- Is there anything you want to change about your career now?
- What is your biggest career-related fear?
- If your boss asks for your help with something that not related to your work, how did you respond?
- How do you travel to work?
- Do you love to work as a team or you consider yourself a solo-worker?
- What is the biggest mistake you’ve made as a worker? Did you learn anything from it?
- Would you become an astronaut if you had the chance?
- In your opinion, what is the most dangerous job in the world?
- Would you ever work for a nonprofit organization?
- What part of your job are you most passionate about?
- If you could start a nonprofit, what would you focus on?
- What does your dream job look like?
- Would you do anything to get your dream job?
Some deep questions for your long distance relationship
Do not strictly stick to the question that has been listed here. You can change the question and play around with the topics depending on the situation. This section will help you to know if you guys are going in the right direction.
Read next: Lack of communication in a relationship and how to improve it
You can ask their opinion about things here and be open with their answers. Because sometimes, you might think that everything is going fine but actually not for them. So try to ask some questions that can lead to the conversation. Remember, good communication is the key!
- What did I do that made you feel most loved?
- Just curious, have you ever been jealous in our relationship?
- What were your thoughts for the first few months of our long-distance relationship?
- What is the one thing that you regret most in your life?
- If you don’t mind, what is the most valuable lesson you learned from your past relationships?
- What about me that you loved most?
- What was one thing you wish I know, but you never had the chance to tell me?
- From your perspective, what is the greatest strength of our relationship?
- What would you think is our greatest weakness as a couple?
- Let’s be open, what is the thing that annoys you the most about me?
- Did your family know about us and support our relationship?
- Do you feel loved when you with me?
- What are the things that you dislike the most about our long-distance relationship?
- Do you think we communicate well? If not, how can we fix them?
- Do you ever feel like being in a long-distance relationship holds you back?
- What is your favorite memory of us?
- Do you see us together in your future?
- Would you ever consider moving in with me in the near future?
- What is one thing you are too scared to tell me?
- Is there anything making you unhappy in our relationship? If yes, how can we address it?
- Which part do you think our biggest area of conflict might be?
- What should we focus on to make sure our relationship stays strong and healthy?
- Where will we be in this relationship five years from now?
- How can we keep the romance alive in a long-distance relationship?
- Are you happy with our current level of emotional intimacy?
- Do you ever get jealous in our relationship? If yes, can you share some situations that spark jealousy?
- Do you remember the first words I said to you?
- Did you ever regret being involved in this long-distance relationship?
- Are you ever afraid that your partner may cheat on you?
- Do you believe we trust each other more than we did before?
- How do you describe me to other people?
- From your perspective, how are our personalities complement one another?
- What is something I’ve done for you that you are grateful for?
- How important is time for yourself within our relationship?
- What is one thing about the long-distance relationship that scares you?
- What are some things we can work for to create a future together?
- How can we better communicate this year?
- When do you want to close the distance?
- Do you ever regret getting into a long-distance relationship?
- Are you ever afraid that I might be cheating on you?
- Did you have doubts when we first started long-distance?
- What three pieces of advice would you tell someone about long-distance relationships?
- Do you believe that everything happens for a reason, or do we just find reasons after things happen?
- Is there anything you would like to change about us as a couple?
- Do you think that there is a special reason why we met?
- When you saw me for the first time, what was the first thing that comes to your mind?
- What is the best compliment you’ve ever received from me?
- If I drastically changed how I look, would you still be able to accept me?
- When you are alone, do you ever imagine that I’m there next to you?
- What is one thing you are really dying to do with me?
Practice with a long distance text conversation
Having good communication with your partner is a soft skill. It means that you need to try and practice. But, if you just started having a conversation with your crush, you might not even know where to start. So I suggest you check my article here: What to text a guy you like.
That post might help you get a clear idea of how to start a text conversation with a man you like. Other things that will be cover including how to send the right signal, how to open up a conversation, how to let them know that they are on your mind, and how to keep them interested in you.
If you still didn’t read the post, I highly recommend you to check that post right away.
But, if you have been dating for a while, then these questions are a great way to continue learning about each other. It is also can help you develop good communication habits with your partner. Slowly, you will get into a pattern of how to give and receive love.
Okay, that’s all from me. I hope you learn something from this post and please bookmark this page for your future question references. If you had anything on your mind, please leave your comment below. I would love to hear your opinion.